Our Chaplaincy Team
Chaplaincy Life Saving Chaplaincy Australia (LSCA) is a service, endorsed by SLSA to provide Chaplains for LSC’s around Australia.
Benefits to our members:
• Chaplaincy provides an extra facet of life skills that can be available to all members and families of members
• It extends the clubs duty of care and enhances peer/trauma support.
• The Chaplain is an independent listener at all club levels.
• Chaplains are confidential in their service.
• Offer Pastoral Care to all members, officials and their extended family of members.
• Although not a specific counsellor, the Chaplain will listen and may offer advice or direct to a professional in the relevant area of need.
• When and if a member wishes to speak about spiritual issues, the Chaplain is available.
• The Chaplain is non-denominational, respecting every individual’s personal faith/beliefs.
Their services also can include:
Greg Hickey – MPIO and Club Chaplin – Greg has been a long-term patrolling member of Wauchope Bonny Hills Surf Lifesaving. He is married to Tami together they have 5 young children. His oldest children. Greg is a high school teacher.
Greg is an active member of the local Salt Community Church and is accredited as a Sports Chaplain with Sports Chaplaincy Australia.
To speak to Greg- 0425 303 042
Bruce Blackbell – Bruce is married to Marsha and has 2 teenager children. Bruce is a Registered Nurse specialising in Critical Care, trauma, anaesthetics/recovery & ICU. He has held many roles within the Health Service. In1998 he attended Bible College, becoming an Assistant Anglican Minister and a chaplain at St. Vincent’s hospital.
He has had extensive experience in overseas missions within remote tribes of the Amazon. He Trained with Sports Chaplaincy Aust (SCA) as part WSL Big Wave Professional Surfing to become Chaplain in Latin America.
Bruce is an associate member of our club he is also an accredited Sports Chaplin with Sports Chaplaincy Australia.
To speak to Bruce- 0421 797 101
Marty Dures – Marty is married with three children and is also a grandfather. He has a great love of the ocean.
Marty is an active member of the local Salt Community Church and is accredited as a Sports Chaplain with Sports Chaplaincy Australia.
To speak to Marty- 0458 854 041